Speed up the creation and maintenance of your PHP web applications. End repetitive coding tasks and enjoy the power of controlling your code at your fingertips. Secure, fast and reliable.
The top 5 PHP frameworks
Here’s a list of the best PHP frameworks, based on popularity and ability to speed up the application development.
Symfony is a set of PHP Components, a Web Application framework, a Philosophy, and a Community — all working together in harmony. Symfony is a leading PHP framework to create websites and web applications.
1. Faster and less greedy
2. Limitless flexibility
4. Stable and sustainable
5. Ease of use
To create your new Symfony application, first make sure you’re using PHP 7.1 or higher and have Composer installed. If you don’t, start by installing Composer globally on your system.
Create your new project by running:
composer create-project symfony/website-skeleton my-project
Running your Symfony Application after going to project directory –
If you love the latest technology then Laravel is the best PHP framework with the most recent advancements.
- Simple to learn. Its documentation is additionally excellent.
- It is an MVC structure. It keeps away from senseless customary engineering where designers used to compose all HTML and PHP code in a similar document.
- Eloquent ORM support – Another administration gave to digest and mechanize the model part. Connections and mapping of the database with our application with a basic show over design strategy
- Using Blade template engine which is latest and also fast.
- CSRF protection enabled.
- Install Via Composer –
composer create-project --prefer-dist laravel/laravel blog
CodeIgniter is a package for users who build web applications using PHP. Its goal is to enable you to create projects much faster than you could if you were writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. CodeIgniter lets you creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task that can also decrease the time frame.
- Model-View-Controller Based System
- Extremely Light Weight
- Full Featured database classes with support for several platforms.
- Query Builder Database Support
- Form and Data Validation
- Security and XSS Filtering
- Session Management
- Unit Testing Class
- Search-engine Friendly URLs
- Flexible URI Routing
- Support for Hooks and Class Extensions
- Large library of “helper” functions
CakePHP 3 is a web development framework running on PHP 7.3
CakePHP is designed to make common web-development tasks simple, and easy.
The Official CakePHP website
If you downloaded and ran the Composer Windows Installer, then type the following line in your terminal from your installation directory (ie. C:\wamp\www\dev\cakephp3):
composer self-update && composer create-project --prefer-dist cakephp/app cms
- Build an application very quickly
- No extra Configuration/Settings required just to set up the database and go
- CakePHP is licensed under the MIT license which makes it perfect for use in Commercial applications.
- Translations, database access, caching, validation, authentication, and much more are all built into one of the original PHP MVC frameworks.
- CakePHP comes with built-in tools for input validation, CSRF protection, Form tampering protection, SQL injection prevention, and XSS prevention.
Yii is an open source, object-oriented, MVC based PHP web application framework.
It is Fast, Secure, and Efficient.
It is suitable for developing all types of Web applications: forums, portals, CMS, RESTful web services, e-commerce platform, and much more.
- Yii follows the MVC architecture pattern.
- It supports both relational and NoSQL databases.
- It is fully extensible.
- Yii supports multi-tier caching.
- Yii provides RESTful API development.
- It has a high-end performance.
Using Composer installed, you can install Yii application template by running the following command :
composer create-project --prefer-dist yiisoft/yii2-app-basic basic